How do I upload additional ID documentation for my referencing application?
When we run an ID check we need to use the Government's Right to Rent user guide as a guideline. Goodlord will ask you to upload further ID if the initial documentation you provided does not meet Government criteria. The fastest and most secure way to upload further ID is by logging into your Goodlord account.
Click here if you need help logging into Goodlord.
You will need:
- A strong and stable internet connection. For the easiest submission use Google Chrome.
- A smartphone, tablet or computer
- Access to your online tenant portal
How to upload ID documents:
- Once you have logged into Goodlord, click the ‘Update Reference’ tab
- Scroll to the section ‘Identification’
- Use the drop down box ‘Type of ID supplied’ to select what type of ID you are providing
- Upload the document by clicking ‘Click here to upload’ :
- You will be given the option to edit your image, if necessary. Make sure your full ID document is visible
- Press ‘submit’ to upload the image to your application
Important to Note:
- The documents you upload must be in one of the following formats:
- If you are receiving an error message when submitting these documents, please click here for assistance on how to proceed.
- If you do not have a photo ID you can check the online right to rent user guide to see alternative options: