How can I make my move in monies payment via bank transfer?
When you come to sign the contract you will be asked to pay your final move in monies. This will usually be your security deposit and first month’s rent. These funds have been set up by your agency so if you have any questions about the amount you are due to pay or would like to change how these are being charged, please contact them directly.
You will need:
- A strong and stable internet connection. For the easiest submission use Google Chrome.
- A smartphone, tablet or computer
- Access to the email “Action Required: Sign Your Tenancy Agreement”.
How to Request to pay via Bank Transfer:
- Access the email “Action Required: Sign Your Tenancy Agreement”. If you do not have this contact your agency to make sure they have sent you this email.
- Click the button “View and Sign Tenancy Agreement”.
- Log into your Goodlord Account.
- Set the toggle “Pay via bank transfer?” to “Yes”.
- View your contract, draw/type your e-signature and press “submit”. For a guide on signing your tenancy agreement, click here.
- Once you have submitted your signature you be given Goodlord’s bank details and a unique payment reference. These details will also be emailed to you.
- Make a bank transfer to the Goodlord’s bank account. This will have to be done manually outside of the Goodlord system.
Important to Note:
- Use your unique payment reference when you make your bank transfer. This will allow Goodlord to find your payment as quickly as possible.
- Bank transfers generally take longer for us to confirm payment than card transactions. Even if the money has left your account, banks have their own internal processing times which differ from bank to bank.
- It can take up to 24-48 hours for a UK transfer to be processed.
- International transfers can take between 7-14 days to reach our account.
- The payment is not automatically taken when you select this option, you will need to make the transfer outside of the system.